10.31.2013

05. Dark Rider

I told you, like so many times before
That life had no grasp of me
But you muttered 
“all things must turn someday towards their end”

If all else fails
Then the devil will have the better half of me

The dark rider slowly shifts his eyes to the moon
And the whole sky is bloody red
It was the night that drew us near
It was my hand that brought us close
Now sets them apart up in my memory
If all else fails
Then the devil will have the better half of me
With my body to the floor
I still believe that I can fake it

The dark rider moves his head away
Turns to the door – “oh I’ll be back another day”
I’m a tightrope walker don’t you know?
I’m bound to fall, but damned if I do!
I am at times the answer of the roll of the dice
And there ain’t no shame babe, in rolling it twice

Since all else failed
I’ll hear the devil...

The dark rider moves his head away
Turns his fire to the door – “oh I’ll be back another day”
Roll the dice if you don’t know that the wind should be my throne
Everybody’s got blood, everybody’s got blood in their hands
When the devil calls your name, you’d better get it right
‘cause everybody’s got blood in their hands

Sem comentários: